- Ride on the right hand side of the road
- Respect traffic signs
- Respect traffic lights if there is no marshal present
- Respect other road users (not involved in the event)
- Ensure your own safety and speed control
- Wear a hardshell helmet at all times
- Wear your bib number on your back
- Position your frame plate on the front of your handlebars
- Respect the Luxembourgish Traffic Regulations. The roads are at any time open to traffic.
- As participant of the Schleck Gran Fondo, you commit to respect the environnement and the natural areas visited. It is strictly forbidden to leave any type of waste on the course.
The Schleck Gran Fondo is a mass cycle event open to all participants, license-holders or not, over the age of 18. Minors may participate on the shorter course upon presentation of parental consent at the packet pickup. (download parental consent).
If you choose not to race for the qualification for the World Championships, then you can register for the distance of your choice!
All participant, riding for the qualification or not, are allowed to start in their respective age category start boxes.
For those who would like to take the start with friends of other age categories or who simply want to start a little bit slower can register for the leisure ride.
Only those participants aged 19 (born before 01.01.2001) and above can qualify for the UCI World Granfondo Championships. The different categories are defined in accordance to the cyclist’s age dated on 31 December 2019. If the qualified cyclist for a particular age category passes into a next age category in the following year, they will automatically move into the correct age category at the UCI Gran Fondo World Series.
Riders who race for the qualification of the World Championships have to register in the following categories:
The men in categories M1,2,3,4,5,6 have to ride the Gran Fondo of 155km to qualify. All women categories W1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 as well as men categories M7,8,9,10 have to ride the Medio Fondo of 85km.
All men and women cyclists who have not accumulated any UCI points will be eligible to be classified. Men and women cyclists who have UCI points may participate but will not be classified. Active professionals are admitted upon invitation but will not be classified.
All the qualifications riders will start in Age Categories from the youngest to the oldest. Each age category has a unique color on the Bib Number serving as identification tag.
There are 10 different age categories for both men and women. The riders of the 85 km and 155 km track will start separately.
Every finisher of the Schleck Gran Fondo will receive the official Schleck Gran Fondo Medal at the Finish Line. Each participant finishing in the top 25% will receive a UCI medal.
There will be an award ceremony for all the qualification categories and the first three women and men of the overall ranking in the 100km and 155km race.
- Women categories 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
- Men categories 7,8,9,10
- Overall Women/Men
- Men categories 1,2,3,4,5,6
- Overall Women/Men
- 45€ for the 155 km course
- 40€ for the 100 km course
- 49€ for the 155 km course
- 44€ for the 100 km course
- 54€ for the 155 km course
- 49€ for the 100 km course
- 60€ for the 155 km course
- 55€ for the 100 km course